NAPSA Certificate Program
The Adult Protective Services Workforce Innovations (APSWI) Program has received generous funding from the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) to coordinate and provide a limited number of National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA) Certificates to APS professionals in the Southern California counties of Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego. APSWI is serving as the liaison for the NAPSA Certificate program and will be the direct contact for all Southern CA Counties participating in the NAPSA Certificate Program. To register for one of these CDSS-funded NAPSA Certificate slots, please talk with your county training coordinator.
Please see below the steps to take to apply for the CDSS-funded NAPSA Certificate Program or view NAPSA Certificate Steps Printer Friendly Version.
Note: For APS Professionals outside of California who are interested in participating in the NAPSA Certificate Program, please visit the National Adult Protective Services Association website and follow the instructions listed on their site.
Steps to Apply for the NAPSA Certificate (additional details and required documents for each step are outlined following Steps 1-3)
- Step 1: Complete NAPSA Certificate Application and the Employment Verification Form and send to APSWI
- Step 2: Complete Trainings and Obtain Transcripts
- Step 3: Submit Training Completion Documentation to APSWI
Step 1: Complete NAPSA Certificate Application and Employment Verification Form and Send Them to APSWI
- Begin the process by registering for the APSWI NAPSA Certificate Program through your county training coordinator
- Complete page 1 of the NAPSA Certificate Application and date your application July 1, 2020.
- Applicants receive training credit for NAPSA Modules that have been successfully completed up to two years prior to the application date.
- Complete the Employment Verification Form and submit to Supervisor for signature and approval.
- Submit completed NAPSA Application and employment verification form to APSWI’s NAPSA Certificate Program Coordinator, Jennifer Ovalle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the Fill and Sign tool in the PDF version. (Note: When in the Fill and Sign mode, click on the arrow at the bottom of the first page to access the second page.)
Step 2: Complete Training and Obtain Transcripts
- Complete a training for each of the 23 Core Competencies.
- To register for an APSWI eLearning, please send an email to AcademyLMS@sdsu.edu and include your name, email address, County, Department (APS), primary job assignment (line worker, supervisor, manager) and supervisor name and email address
- If you need to complete more than one eLearning to receive the NAPSA Certificate, provide a list of 3-4 courses at a time in the email
- Maintain documentation for each completed module. Verify completion with one or more of the following:
>County or APSWI LMS Transcripts
>Certificate of completion
>Other forms demonstrating completion (e.g. training roster)
See Certificates and Transcript page for instructions on how to obtain APSWI LMS Transcripts from the Academy LMS.
For questions regarding outstanding or missing trainings, contact Jennifer Ovalle at email@example.com
Step 3: Submit Training Completion Documentation to APSWI
Scan and submit:
- County or APSWI LMS transcripts, certificates of completion, or other supporting documentation that shows successful completion of all Core Competencies.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the NAPSA Certificate Program, view the National Adult Protective Services Association website