Leaders In Action
Leaders in Action (LIA) was established in 2004, as a leadership succession plan for Southern Area Consortium of Human Services (SACHS), Counties. It is a partnership between SACHS, San Diego State University, and the Academy for Professional Excellence. This training program originated out of an interest from human services directors for an executive talent pipeline to fill executive positions. LIA incorporates evidence-based approaches to succession planning and executive development in a way that is tailored to the needs of the SACHS counties.
The program’s ultimate goal is to create a critical mass of highly competent executives in the southern region ready for tomorrow’s county leadership opportunities and challenges.
- 15 days of executive training delivered by current and past agency directors and executives, professional trainers, university faculty, and program alumni
- Feedback from colleagues on job performance via a 360 assessment
- A leadership temperament survey to enhance leadership style
- An Individual Development Plan (IDP) identifying concrete, measurable steps to achieve career goals
- One-on-one leadership coaching provided throughout the training program
- An Online Learning Community where LIA participants can discuss issues facing today’s leaders as expressed in current leadership literature
- Regular cross-county networking opportunities to exchange ideas and develop professional relationships with peers in other agencies