Day 5 Essentials for Resource Management
Level: Core Practice – Manager
Intended Audience: Child Welfare Middle Managers
- Review steps in thinking in a fiscally responsible manner in order to develop,monitor, and provide oversight to budgets
- Define outcome based management/contracting
- Identify ways to use Safe Measures as a tool for measurement of performance
- Recognize current issues related to service and performance
- Practice developing strategies to address current issues
- Data: its origin
- Reactions and Responses to Data
- Linking to ASFA Outcomes
- Federal Overview: Data Collection
- What is Data Analysis?
- Data Examples
- Becoming Analysts
- Understanding Evidence-Based Practice
- Fiscal Essentials
- Time Studies
- Justification for Staffing
- Transfer of Learning
LIA: Fiscal Management- Prepares, justifies, and/or administers the financial resources for program area; plans, administers, and monitors expenditures to ensure cost-effective support of programs and policies.
LIA: Technology Management- Integrates technology into the workplace; develops strategies using new technology to manage and improve program effectiveness;understand the impact of technological changes on the organization.
CalSWEC 8.3: Student understands basic principles of contracting for services
CalSWEC 8.8: Student demonstrates basic knowledge of various federal, state, and local child welfare funding sources and their influence on agency policy, objectives, and service delivery.