Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Back To Top
Full Disclosure and Ethical Issues in Adoptions
Level: Advanced Practice
Intended Audience: This course is intended for line workers and supervisors in Adoptions Units in Child Welfare Settings
Description of Course: This is a 3 hour course that will examine the aspects of full disclosure of information to prospective adoptive parents and caregivers, the goals, values, and ethics involved, and related policies and regulations.
- Understand and carry out full disclosure activities within appropriate professional boundaries and ethics
- Consider the related values and goals
- Understand policies about full disclosure
- Gain insight into policy areas which are not clearly understood or about which there is a need for clarity and/or review
- Value of permanency and family connections for children in foster care.
- Ethical issues and values related to adoption, permanency, family connections, concurrent planning, and relative contact/placement
- Policies and regulations related to full disclosure, including concurrent planning
- Principles of adaptive leadership, adaptive versus technical problems
- Scenarios/exercises which highlight values, issues, and to practice skills related to full disclosure activities
- Policy clarification/discussion and facilitation of areas of confusion or needing clarification
Permanency: Reunification, Foster Care and Adoptions