Understanding the 12 Steps and Child Welfare Practice
Level: Advanced Practice – (Lineworker, Supervisor, Manager)
Credits: 6 Hours
Intended Audience: This course is intended to assist Child Welfare staff in understanding what is involved in 12-Step work and what to look and listen for when working with their families.
Description of Course: Taking the student through the 12 Step process and how to incorporate them with case planning in working with families.
- Identify the service needs of parents and families affected by addiction.
- Identify behaviors and signs that assist in measuring the birth parent(s) ongoing progress in their case plan in regards to recovery.
- Review the importance of recovery and relapse.
- Steps 1 through 12
- Physical, Mental, and Spiritual aspects of recovery
- Behaviors of an addict in active addiction
- Behaviors of an addict in recovery
- Relapse Indicators
- Fun in Recovery
Interventions, Services & Resources