Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a file.
Downloads a file in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
SOP Module: Reunification and Visitation
Level: Advanced Practice
Intended Audience: This course is intended for social workers, supervisors and managers interested in learning about Safety Organized Practice and tools for keeping children at the center of their social work practice.
Description of Course: The course provides training on practices that are inclusive of child, youth and family voice to support visitation and reunification.
- Describe the importance of the SOP principles and values and how they can be applied to the reunification and visitation work.
- Describe the importance of having a network as you begin to create plans that give parents a chance to demonstrate protection.
- Develop tools such as progressive, creative visitation plans that can be made where children remain safe and parents can receive opportunities to demonstrate protection and show that they are addressing the risk.
- Review strategies that encourage active involvement of resource families with birth families which increases the likelihood of a successful placement and a timely reunification.
- Review of SOP Principles
- Building Relationships
- Connecting to trauma-informed practice
- Progressive Visitation Plans and Planning
- Visitation Coaching
Safety Organized Practice (SOP)