Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
Day 4 Growing and Sustaining Effective Internal Teams
Level: Core Practice – Manager
Intended Audience: Child Welfare Middle Managers
- Recognize the value of teamwork
- Clarify needs of teams and identify strategies for shaping and managing a team
- Review steps in interdisciplinary collaboration
- Increase and demonstrate skills related to collaboration and conflict management
- Link positive team environment to stress management
- Develop a plan for creating a positive team environment with all teams
- Self-Assessment of Teams
- History of Teamwork
- Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Stages of Team Development
- Team Roles
- Teambuilding and Teamwork
- Energizing Your Teams
- Challenging Issues in Teambuilding
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Conflict Modes
- Getting to Yes
- Transfer of Learning
- LIA: Client Orientation- Anticipates and meets the needs of clients; achieves quality end products; is committed to improving services
- CalSWEC 8.2: Student demonstrates the ability to negotiate and advocate for the development of resources that children and families need to meet personal and administrative goals.