Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
Time Management for Child Welfare Services Personnel
Level: Advanced Practice
Intended Audience: Experienced or newly hired child welfare services personnel, who would like to improve their time management skills
Description of Course: This course is designed to improve participants’ time management and as a result improve outcomes. This course will help the participant get organized, and stay organized. The focus will be on getting things done with less effort and help participants set priorities and stay focused.
- Utilize techniques and strategies to maximize workplace performance and personal performance
- Plan, prioritize, and effectively monitor completion of activities and tasks within required time frames
- Construct measurable goals based on the SMART methods
- Create a to-do list by chunking time
- Identify barriers to time management, and understand barriers specific to each participant
- Recognize the benefits of managing workspace
- Recognize techniques for managing digital files including e-mail
- Time management tools that can be used in the workplace
- Setting and managing priorities using the SMART method
- Developing and utilizing to-do lists
- Chunking time and scheduling
- Barriers to effective time management and strategies for overcoming those barriers
- Strategies for keeping track of deadlines
- Managing your workspace
- Managing digital files
- Development of resource binders