Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Back To Top
The Supervisor and Social Worker Conference eLearning
Level: Advanced Practice – Supervisor
Intended Audience: This course is designed for individuals who supervise staff in a
child welfare setting
Description of Course: This one hour self-paced eLearning module provides information on strength based supervision, engaging social work staff to improve performance and elements that may be covered in conferences. Additionally, teaching methods that may be used during conferences, signs of Secondary Traumatic Stress in staff and strategies for helping staff will be covered.
- Identify principles of strength-based leadership and supervision
- Understand the benefits of an engaged workforce and identify strategies to further engage staff
- Identify the elements of a supervisor and social worker individual conference as a method to engage staff
- Ensure culturally competent social work practice
- Develop coaching strategies to improve performance
- Elements of the Supervisor/Social Worker Conference
- Using Safety Organized Practice Principles during the conference
- The use of case conferences to engage workers on culturally competent practice with families
- The use of data during the conference to improve client outcomes
- Teaching methods used during conferences
- Assisting the worker on individual professional development goals
- Signs of Secondary Traumatic Stress in when supervising the social worker
- Strategies for helping staff with Secondary Traumatic Stress