Team Development, Teamwork and Team Problem-Solving
Level: Advanced Practice – Supervisor, Manager, Lead Workers
Intended Audience: Managers, supervisors and lead workers with teaming responsibilities
- Identifying the stages of team development
- Understanding the values of teamwork and collaboration
- Reviewing challenging issues in teamwork
- Identifying keys to effective teamwork
- Identifying team problem-solving skills
- Stages of team development
- Values of teamwork and collaboration
- Challenges in teamwork
- Keys to effective teamwork
- Problem-solving skills in teams
CalSWEC Competencies Addressed:
7.2 Student understands client and system problems and strengths from theperspectives of participants in a multidisciplinary team and can effectively integrate the positive contributions of each member.
7.9 Student is able to utilize collaborative skills and techniques to enhance service quality in organizational settings.
8.5 Student understands how leader/managers use the collaborative process for the purpose of planning, formulating policy, and implementing services.
8.6 Student demonstrates knowledge of how organizational structure, climate, and culture effect service effectiveness, worker productivity, and morale.
Supervision and Management