Strength-Based Supervision: A Tool for Retaining Competent Staff
Level: Advanced Practice – Supervisors
Intended Audience: This course is intended for supervisors and managers who are interested in developing strength based supervision knowledge and skills, including implementing key retention strategies in their regular supervisory capacity
- Understand the importance of effective supervision in promoting staff retention
- List essential components of strength based supervision
- Understanding the importance of building staff relationships
- Demonstrate how to be effective in building staff skills
- Addressing Parallel Process in Strength Based Supervision
- How one’s own cultural identity impacts supervision style
- Assessing Your Own Strength Based Practice Skills
- Practicing skills of strength based supervision
CalSWEC Competencies Addressed:
8.1 Supervisor demonstrates an understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a leader/manager to plan and develop systems that address diversity of staff and client populations.
8.3 Supervisor understands how leader/managers use the collaborative process for the purpose of planning, formulating policy and implementing services.
8.5 Supervisor can demonstrate knowledge of how organizational structure and culture affect service delivery, worker productivity and morale.
ASFA Outcomes Addressed:
Supervision and Management