SIMULATION 101: ENGAGEMENT AND INTERVIEWING WEBINAR
Level: Advanced Practice
Intended Audience: Individuals who are interested in serving in the role as facilitator for Simulation Day. This may include experienced workers, supervisors, Field Advisors, trainers, and facilitators. Participants should have a strong foundation of knowledge and skills in: training and facilitation; coaching; solution focused questions; and appreciative inquiry.
Description of Course: Through a webinar the learners will be provided with an overview of Simulation 101: Engagement and Interviewing Curriculum. This overview will specifically communicate the purpose of simulation, and how this simulation curriculum integrates: Core Practice Model Values and Behaviors; the parallel process; and the learning objectives and topics of Core 3.0 Engagement and Interviewing Classroom curriculum. Through this overview, the learners will be provided with transparency, clear communication and clear expectations of Simulation 101 Engagement and Interviewing.
- The learner will be able to describe the purpose of simulation.
- The learner will be understand the learning objectives of the curriculum.
- The learner will understand the parallel of the Simulation 101 curriculum to that of Engagement and Interviewing Classroom Training.
- The learner will understand the components of the curriculum and how these components parallel the four phases of an interview.
- Overview of curriculum
- Learning objectives
- Four phases of the interview
- Trauma Informed Approach
- Cultural Humility
- Managing Personal Biases
- Core Practice Model Values and Behaviors