Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a file.
Downloads a file in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
SDM Assessment Skills Lab – Core 3.0 – Classroom
Level: Line Worker CORE
Intended Audience: This course is intended for new child welfare workers and meets the state requirements for Line Worker CORE version 3.0 Assessment Block.
Description of Course: This course provides skills practice using critical thinking skills in child welfare assessment and incorporates the use of the Structured Decision Making (SDM) assessment system as a tool for assessing safety, risk, protective capacity, priority strengths and priority needs.
Intended Objectives: After completing this course the trainee will be able to:
- Recognize key definitions used in the SDM assessment system, including:
- Excessive discipline
- Primary caregiver
- Policy override
- Substance abuse
- Given multiple case scenarios, apply SDM definitions and complete the following SDM tools:
- SDM Hotline Tools,
- SDM Safety Assessment Tool
- SDM Risk Assessment Tool
- SDM Family Strengths and Needs Assessment (FSNA) Tool
- SDM In-Home Risk Assessment
- SDM Reunification Reassessment Tool
- Value how the SDM model, SDM tools and definitions were developed in order to appreciate the accuracy and consistency of recommended decisions
- SDM and Key Concepts Related to Decision Making
- Hotline Assessment (Optional)
- Safety Assessment
- Safety Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Family Strengths and Needs Assessment
- Risk Reassessment
- Reunification Assessment
Common Core 3.0 Assessment Block