Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Back To Top
Overview of Assessment Procedures Part 2 – CORE 3.0 eLearning
Level: Line Worker CORE
Intended Audience: This course is intended for new child welfare workers and meets the state requirements for Line Worker CORE version 3.0 Assessment Block.
Description of Course: This is an interactive eLearning course which provides an overview of the Structured Decision Making (SDM) tools, their purpose and when to use them. Developing safety plans in a team setting will, also, be discussed as well as strategies for incorporating community supports.
Intended Objectives: After completing this course the trainee will be able to:
- Describe the following SDM assessment tools and their respective purposes:
- SDM Safety Assessment Tool: informs presence of safety threats, protective capacities and whether a child needs to be placed
- SDM Risk Assessment Tool: informs whether or not to close a referral or promote to a case
- SDM Family Strengths and Needs-Assessment Tool: prioritizes strengths and needs for case planning
- SDM In-Home Risk Reassessment Tool: informs whether or not to close a case
- SDM Reunification Reassessment Tool: informs whether to return a child home
- Identify the elements of an effective safety plan
- Define and Identify the factors to consider in assessing minimum sufficient level of care
- Describe 3 strategies for developing safety plans in a team setting
- Describe the strategies for incorporating existing protective capacities and community supports in safety planning in a team setting
- Value recognizing and acknowledging self-advocacy from children, youth, young adults or other family members during the team meeting process
- Value the role of the community and the family’s social support network in enhancing safety, decreasing risk and increasing protective capacity
- Safety Assessment Tool
- Safety Planning
- Risk Assessment Tool
- Family Strengths and Needs Tool
- Risk Reassessment Tool
- Reunification Assessment Tool
- Knowing when to use Which Tool
Common Core 3.0 Assessment Block