Overview of Assessment Procedures Part 1 – CORE 3.0 eLearning
Level: Line Worker CORE
Intended Audience: This course is intended for new child welfare workers and meets state requirements for Line Worker CORE version 3.0 Assessment Block.
Description of Course: This is an interactive eLearning course which introduces the concepts of safety and risk assessment and structured decision making (SDM), addresses how and when assessment must occur and, also, decision points associated with assessment tools.
Intended Objectives: After completing this course the trainee will be able to:
- Describe the following definitions as they apply to child protective services:
- Protective Capacity
- Identify the stages in CWS cases where assessments of safety, risk and protective capacity must occur
- Describe the SDM Hotline Tools and their purpose to inform in-person response, response time and differential response (if applicable)
- Define and identify the factors to consider in assessing Minimum Sufficient Level of Care
- Assessment Procedures and Tools
- Safety and Risk
- A Word about Definitions
- SDM and Standardized Assessment
- The Hotline Tools
Common Core 3.0 Assessment Block