Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a file.
Downloads a file in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
Introduction to Child Development CORE 3.0 eLearning
Level: Line Worker CORE
Intended Audience: This course is intended for new child welfare workers and meets the state requirements for Line Worker CORE version 3.0 Foundation Block.
Description of Course: This is an interactive eLearning course which focuses on child developmental milestones, how culture affects these milestones, developmental problems and service interventions.
Intended Objectives: After completing this course the trainee will be able to:
- Identify activities typically occurring in the stages and domains of child development
- Identify red flags indicating developmental concerns needing intervention
- Recognize ways that cultural variations in parenting practices may influence the manifestation and timing of developmental skills and stages
- Describe the process for assessing the developmental needs of children during regular face-to-face contacts
- Identify how to seek intervention for a child with developmental needs
- Value the range of individual and cultural differences in human development
- Value and respect cultural variations in child-rearing practices and beliefs when working with families from diverse ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Normal Development
- Developmental Domains: Social, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive, Sexual (SPECS) of
- Development from Newborns through Emerging Adults
- How Culture Intersects with Child Development
- Social Work Tools in Assessing Child Development
- Who to Contact About a Red Flag
- Developmental Disabilities
Common Core 3.0 Foundation Block