INTRODUCTION TO THE CULTURAL RESPONSIVENESS ACADEMY (CRA)
Level: Core/Advanced Practice – (Administrative Staff, Lineworker, Supervisor, Manager)
Intended Audience: This course is intended for CWS Managers, Protective Services Supervisors, Senior Protective Services Workers, Protective Services Workers, Social Worker 1-3, and Administrative Staff.
Description of Course: The participants will get an overview of the CRA and the upcoming classes. The trainees will participate in experiential exercises to discuss Cultural Responsiveness and the impact on CWS. The trainees will discuss disproportionality and disparity in CWS, San Diego County.
- Discuss the definition of cultural responsiveness
- Explain how cultural responsiveness impacts families involved with CWS
- Analyze disproportionality and disparity data from the California Child Welfare Indicators Project
- Create a learning environment that encourages open and honest discussion
- Birth of the Cultural Responsiveness Academy
- Definition and impact of Cultural Responsiveness in CWS
- Disproportionality and disparity of African Americans in CWS
- Creating a work environment that allows open and honest discussions
Culture & Diversity