Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a file.
Downloads a file in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
Field Advisor Training
Level: Core Practice – Field Advisors
Credits: 6 hours
Intended Audience: Field Advisors implementing Common Core 3.0 field activities
Description of Course:
Field advisor is a one-day training to ensure the foundational knowledge and skills are obtained for field advisors implementing core field activities. The training provides information about Common Core 3.0, the California Core Practice Model and field activities. Through the use of experimental activities, it will be explored how to prepare for, observe and provide feedback on field activities. The Field Advisor eLearning is a pre-requisite to this training.
Intended Learning Objectives:
- The trainee will be able to describe how the field activities relate to online and classroom learning content.
- The trainee will be able to describe the role and responsibilities of the field advisor in CC3.0
- The trainee will be able to identify the role of the field advisor in the transfer of learning for new social workers.
- Using the field guide and a case scenario, the trainee will:
- Identify the role of the field advisor and activities to be completed by the field advisor
- Identify common activities performed by the social worker that will meet the requirements for the field activity.
- Demonstrate using the field guide to plan for, observe, and provide feedback for a field activity.
- Demonstrate using the data collection survey for specific field activities.
- Given a case scenario, the trainee will be able to identify and address how life experiences, personal values, and biases impact the ability to facilitate professional growth and development of new social workers.
- The trainee will value the role of the field advisor as a critical element in the training of new social workers.
- The trainee will value the collaborative process of the field activities.
- The trainee will value the role of the field advisor as one of a change agent within the organization – supporting new workers, identifying barriers, and developing solutions.
- Define and explore the role of the field advisor
- Review the components of Common Core 3.0
- Review the California Child Welfare Core Practice Behaviors
- Become familiar with the field guide and structure of activities
- Explore what data will be collected, how it will be collected and what will be done with the information
- How to build a critical thinking atmosphere in their workplace
Common Core 3.0 Assessment Block
Common Core 3.0 Foundation Block