Completing Assessment Tools CORE 3.0 – Field Activity
Level: Line Worker CORE
Intended Audience: This field activity is intended for new child welfare workers and meets the state requirements for Line Worker CORE version 3.0.
Description of Course: Trainees will complete the Structured Decision Making (SDM)Safety Assessment or SDM Reunification Safety Assessment and the SDM Risk Assessment or SDM Risk Assessments tools using the SDM Policy and Procedure Manual, based on information gathered from the family or through consultation with the case carrying social worker.
Intended Objectives: After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify county protocols related to the use of the SDM assessment system
- Apply SDM definitions and complete the following tools:
- SDM Safety Assessment Tool or SDM Reunification Safety Assessment
- SDM Risk Assessment Tool or SDM Risk Reassessment Tool
- Value the following of SDM policies and county protocols for the SDM assessment system
- Working closely with a field advisor, the participant will:
- Before the practice opportunity, ask questions necessary to clarify the process for this activity or use the SDM tools.
- During the practice opportunity, review the SDM tools, collect information through conversations with the family or consulting with the case-carrying social worker to complete the SDM tools, using the SDM policy and procedures manual
- After the practice opportunity, reflect on how the SDM tools were completed and on how the process of collecting information for completion of the tool may impact future decisions for the case and how information may be used in the future.
Common Core 3.0 Assessment Block