Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a file.
Downloads a file in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
Child Maltreatment Identification CORE 3.0 eLearning
Level: Line Worker CORE
Intended Audience: This course is intended for new child welfare workers and meets the state requirements for Line Worker CORE version 3.0 Assessment Block.
Description of Course: This is an interactive eLearning course that focuses on identifying child physical abuse, neglect, emotional abuse and sexual abuse and exploitation.
Intended Objectives: After completing this course the trainee will be able to:
- Identify indicators of:
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual exploitation
- Identify associated sections of the W&I Code Section 300 (a)-(j)
- Identify the legal bases for identifying neglect and emotional abuse
- Value making decision consistent with the legal definitions described in the Penal Code and W&I Code Section 300 (a)-(j)
- Identify how cultural factors can affect identification of child maltreatment
- Identify the impact of family roles and interactions on identification of sexual abuse
- Identifying Maltreatment
- How is Child Abuse Legally Defined
- Identifying Neglect
- Elements Linked to Neglect
- Identifying Emotional Abuse
- Elements Linked to Emotional Abuse
- Types of Injuries
- Identifying Physical Abuse
- Consulting with Medical Staff
- Culture, Bias and Identifying Physical Abuse
- Identifying Sexual Abuse
- Sexual abuse Investigations
- Environmental Factors and Culture as Related to Sexual Abuse
- Critical Thinking and Sexual Abuse
Common Core 3.0 Assessment Block