Case Plan Field Tool
Level: Advanced Practice
Intended Audience: Lineworker and Supervisor
Description of Course: Case plans within the Child Welfare System are created as a guide or map for the parents to reunify with their children. Behaviorally specific and individualized case plans will provide a better guide to parents towards reunifying their family or provide timely permanency for children. This training will provide an overview of how the Case Plan Field Tool was designed to assist social workers in teaming with families to create behaviorally specific goals. A plan created with the Case Plan Field Tool promotes behavior changes rather than service completion. The training will include a power point presentation, group discussion, and transfer of learning activities.
- The participant will understand how the Case Plan Field Tools are organized by and in close relationship with SDM Safety Threats (Parent Tool) and SDM Child Strengths and Needs Assessment (Children & Youth Tool).
- The participant will be able to understand how solution focused questions are used in the assessment and case planning process.
- The participants will be able to create and use solution focused questions to engage families.
- The participant will be able to identify and create behaviorally specific service objectives in a teaming approach with families.
- The participant will be able to utilize a coaching approach to case planning with families.
- Case Plan Field Tool (Parents, Child/Youth)
- Structured Decision Making
- Solution Focused Questions/Critical Thinking Strategies
- Quality Case Planning-Behaviorally Specific Goals
- Safety Actions
- CWS/CMS Case Plan Objectives
Assessment and Investigation