Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Back To Top
Assessing Client Progress on Subtance Abuse Case Plans
Level: Advanced Practice
Intended Audience: Social Workers, Supervisors or Managers Description of Course: This presentation will enhance the participant’s ability to determine and document clients’ progress on their substance abuse case plans. The course will help workers identify the effects of substance abuse on foster children and family members, offer tips for culturally appropriate interventions and motivate clients to change
- List behaviors and signs that measure a client’s case plan progress and make court recommendations accordingly
- Describe levels of A.O.D. Treatment and how it is applied on an individual basis
- Describe common dynamics of substance abuse in families and the impact of substance abuse on child development and child safety
- Employ culturally appropriate intervention techniques to support and motivate clients and family members from diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Obtain resources via the internet and in hard copy for use in case work practice with clients
- A simple Substance Abuse Case Plan Assessment tool
Diagnostic criteria to differentiate between substance abuse and addiction
- What is treatment and how is it applied on an individual basis
- Tips for motivating clients and family members in a culturally appropriate manner
- How to obtain free, evidence and research based resources for case planning with families
Assessment and Investigation