Advanced Skills for Supervisors: Performance Issues
Level: Advanced Practice – Supervisor
Intended Audience: Supervisors who have completed the CWDS Supervisor Core
- To identify and demonstrate skills in enhancing work performance in staff
- To revisit the “Management Molecule” with practice application
- To identify and demonstrate strategic planning skills on more complex staff performance issues
- Strategic planning for the supervisor
- Culturally competent supervision
- Conflict management and negotiation for the supervisor’s unit context and beyond
- The importance of networks to succeed as a supervisor
- What constitutes a complex performance issue and strategies to resolve
CalSWEC Competencies Addressed:
8.4 Trainee demonstrates an understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a leader/manager to plan and develop systems that enhance staff diversity and alleviate racial and ethnic disproportionality in the child welfare service population.
8.5 Trainee understands how leader/managers use the collaborative process for the purpose of planning, formulating policy, and implementing services.
8.6 Student demonstrates knowledge of how organizational structure, climate, and culture affect service effectiveness, worker productivity, and morale.
Supervision and Management