Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a file.
Downloads a file in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
AD(H)D and other Neurological Disorders
Level: Advanced Practice-Lineworker
Intended Audience: Workers new and experienced who want to learn more about AD(H)D and other neurological disorders in children
- To review the latest findings regarding the impact of drugs and alcohol on the developing brain
- To distinguish between FAS, FAE, and FADE and learn the characteristics of each
- To learn a variety of interventions that are helpful to children with FAS, FAE, and FADE
- To identify the influence of pre-natal exposure to drugs/alcohol on the development of ADHD
- To discuss some of the current controversies surrounding ADHD
- To discuss the behavioral manifestations of ADHD in various developmental stages
- To confront the specific problems surrounding the assessment and diagnosis of ADHD and to identify various mechanisms used to identify ADHD
- To examine disorders which mimic ADHD
- To identify the specific symptoms of ADHD
- To review successful multi-modal interventions with ADHD
- To understand the impact of neurological and learning disorders on self-esteem
- To review a variety of learning disabilities which affect a youngster’s ability to function with their peer group in school
- To assist parents and caretakers with specific suggestions for coping with the stress of living with children with neurological problems
- Overview of Research Findings
- Examining the Effects of Alcohol of the Young Brain
- The Correlation between FAS, FAE, FADE and ADHD
- Understanding ADHD
- Behavioral Components and Social/Emotional Fallout of ADHD
- Interventions with ADHD: Using a Multi-modal Approach
- ADHD in Adolescence
- ADHD and Parental/Family Stress
- Self-care for Parents and Caretakers
Mental Health & Behavioral Health