Cultural Competency Academy
- Cultural Competency Academy Training
- CCA Practicum Projects
- CCA Foundational Series Learning Objectives
- CCA Executive Series
- External Cultural Competency Resources
Cultural Competency Academy Training
The Cultural Competency Academy Foundational Training Series is designed to provide awareness, knowledge and skill-based trainings that focus on clinical and recovery interventions for environmental to direct service applications. Training shall occur for all levels (support staff, managers, and direct service providers). The cultural competency training series is a half-year commitment which includes in-class modules and a practicum project designed to create change within your agencies and practice.
CCA Foundational Series Learning Objectives
Upon Completion of the Cultural Competency Foundational Training Series, participants will be able to:
- Access the tools and skills needed to provide culturally informed services
- Describe the impact of person-first, trauma-informed, culturally competent service delivery
- Use awareness of their own biases to engage with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Use cultural competence practices in the delivery of Behavioral Health Services
- Create culturally driven change to improve program participant outcomes
- Use skills and experiences to engage in conversations regarding race and culture
Day 1: Self Assessment
DAY 2: What is Culture?
Day 3: Culture in the Workplace
Michelle Ly, LMFT
Day 4: Culture And Behavioral Health Services
Day 5: Implementation and next steps
CCA Booster Trainings
- Participants enrolled in a CCA Foundational Series are required to take a position specific booster and a cultural booster as part of the completion requirement for the series graduation.
- CCA Boosters are open to any past or present member of CCA. Booster flyers are advertised to past and present members via email when they become available, and are posted here when there are upcoming trainings.
- Each Cultural Booster has a 1-hour eLearning prerequisite to the course
Cultural Competency eLearnings
- Cultural Competency eLearnings are open to all RIHS learners, regardless of participation in the CCA series.
- Below is a list of the most recent cultural competency eLearnings.
- Anti-Racism in the United States eLearning
- Introduction to Asian American and Pacific Islander Communities eLearning
- Introduction to LGBTQ+ Communities eLearning
- Introduction to Latino Populations eLearning
CCA Practicum Projects
The Academy for Professional Excellence’s Responsive Integrated Health Solutions (RIHS) Cultural Competency Academy (CCA) is pleased to present a gallery of select practicum projects for FY19-20.
Capstone Presentations / Graduation
CCA Executive Series
In 2021, the first pilot of the new Executive Series began. Going beyond diversity and inclusion, this series identifies tools to move toward creating an antiracist organization by equipping Executives with the resources to examine existing problems, develop ways to address them, and lead with new systems in place.
This section will be updated to include trainings or resources and information related to Cultural Competency that is provided outside of RIHS.
2021 National Hispanic Latino Behavioral Health Conference
September 16 & 17, 2021
The Right to Heal: Centering Mental Health Multi-Racial Equity in California
September 22, 2021