Cultural Competency Academy
- Cultural Competency Academy Training
- CCA FAQ
- CCA Practicum Projects
- CCA Foundational Series Learning Objectives
- CCA Executive Series
- CCA Curriculum Committee
- External Cultural Competency Resources
Cultural Competency Academy Training
The Cultural Competency Academy (CCA) provides a Foundational Training Series designed to provide awareness, knowledge and skill-based training that focus on concepts related to cultural humility, such as, self-assessments, bias, culture in the workplace and BHS and intersectionalities. Training is designed for all levels (support staff, managers, and direct service providers). CCA is a nearly 6-8 month long commitment, which has components that extend outside of the 5-day training series.
- Two required booster trainings (a cultural Booster with a 1-hour eLearning prerequisite and a position-Specific Booster)
- A consultation call
- A Practicum Project that you will be working on throughout your CCA journey. Participants will present this project at the CCA Capstone/Graduation.
CCA Foundational Series Learning Objectives
Upon Completion of the Cultural Competency Foundational Training Series, participants will be able to:
- Access the tools and skills needed to provide culturally informed services
- Describe the impact of person-first, trauma-informed, culturally competent service delivery
- Use awareness of their own biases to engage with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Use cultural competence practices in the delivery of Behavioral Health Services
- Create culturally driven change to improve program participant outcomes
- Use skills and experiences to engage in conversations regarding race and culture
Day 1: Self Assessment
DAY 2: What is Culture?
Day 3: Culture in the Workplace
Michelle Ly, LMFT
Day 4: Culture And Behavioral Health Services
Day 5: Implementation and next steps
CCA Booster Trainings
- Participants enrolled in a CCA Foundational Series are required to take a position specific booster and a cultural booster as part of the completion requirement for the series graduation.
- CCA Boosters are open to any past or present member of CCA. Booster flyers are advertised to past and present members via email when they become available, and are posted here when there are upcoming trainings.
- Each Cultural Booster has a 1-hour eLearning prerequisite to the course
Some of the most recent Cultural Booster topics we have had were on:
- African American Community Booster
- Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Community Booster
- Antiracsim Booster
- Trans and Nonbinary Identities Booster
Cultural Competency eLearnings
- Cultural Competency eLearnings are open to all RIHS learners, regardless of participation in the CCA series.
- Below is a list of the most recent cultural competency eLearnings.
- Anti-Racism in the United States eLearning
- Introduction to Asian American and Pacific Islander Communities eLearning
- Introduction to LGBTQ+ Communities eLearning
- Introduction to Latino Populations eLearning
- Who we Are: An Introduction to the African American Community
CCA Practicum Projects
The Academy for Professional Excellence’s Responsive Integrated Health Solutions (RIHS) Cultural Competency Academy (CCA) is pleased to present a gallery of select practicum projects for FY 21-11.
Capstone Presentations / Graduation
CCA Executive Series
In 2021, the first pilot of the new Executive Series began. Going beyond diversity and inclusion, this series identifies tools to move toward creating an antiracist organization by equipping Executives with the resources to examine existing problems, develop ways to address them, and lead with new systems in place.
CCA Curriculum Committee
The CCA content for the training series, boosters and eLearnings are brought together in partnership with community members and those working in the field of Behavioral Health Services to help create topics and overall learning objectives and goals for each training. Should you be interested in attending the voluntary committee, please contact the CCA Training and Curriculum Coordinator, Shiva Jaimes email@example.com for more information.
This section will be updated to include trainings or resources and information related to Cultural Competency that is provided outside of RIHS.