Service Provider Application
Thank you for your interest in providing training or other services to the Academy for Professional Excellence, Child Welfare Development Services Program (CWDS). After a review of your application and receipt of all required documents our agency will determine if you meet the qualifications to contract with our agency, and how you would need to be classified to be paid for your services.
Once you are fully on boarded to our program a determination would be made as to which role(s) you may be qualified for and assigned to. Please be advised that currently our general recruitment is for trainers to facilitate Common Core 3.0 courses which are a series of standardized statewide trainings for new social workers. Information about these courses are available on our Core 3.0 page. If you have not already done so please review the Becoming a Contractor page for more information.
Please have the following information ready before you start your application. The application will prompt you to submit the following documents:
- Resume or CV
- References (3-5 names and phone numbers)
- If you currently work for a County child welfare Agency or have worked for a County child welfare Agency in the last 10 years one reference must be from a staff member from the Agency.
- Copies of 2-3 recent training evaluations (within the past 2 years) or two letters of reference illustrating your knowledge and skills related to contractor role (ex: Trainer, Coach, Sim Facilitator, Actor, Curriculum Developer, etc.)
- Syllabus or Outline of a child welfare-related training course you have facilitated (Required for Trainer applicants only)
- If you are currently an employee of one of the seven counties served by the Academy for Professional Excellence you will also need to provide a letter of support from your supervisor or manager, indicating he/she approves of you training for CWDS. (The letter should indicate your level of skill and practice at your present job and how you positively represent your county’s vision, mission, and goals).