Becoming a Contractor
Becoming an IES Employee or Vendor
CWDS solicits contractors who have demonstrated expertise and experience in one or more areas of child welfare and workforce development services. Our typical in person classroom trainings occur in module format and may include 6-hour, 3 hour (1/2 day), 9 hours (1-1/2 days), and 12 hours (2 days) deliveries. We also provide Virtual trainings using the ZOOM platform. We also offer onsite and virtual coaching services to child welfare agencies in Southern California. We may also contract with Subject Matter experts (SME’s) to develop and or provide Simulation Training, Simulation Acting or curriculum development for advanced course topics CWDS is most interested in contracting with those who have knowledge and experienced in Child Welfare and who are able to use a variety of instructional methods appropriate for adult learners. All contractors must have significant experience in public child welfare services and/or the ability to relate the material being delivered to public child welfare services practice.
CWDS provides an assortment of learning experiences to staff and leadership in Child Welfare through services that cover a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- CORE Training for New Social Workers and New Supervisors in Child Welfare (These courses must be trained according to the standardized curricula developed and approved by CDSS and CalSWEC)
- Child Welfare Practice
- Trauma-informed Practice
- Fairness and Equity and Diversity and Inclusion
- Critical Thinking and Assessment
- Child Maltreatment Identification
Contractor opportunities that may be available to applicants include:
- Classroom Trainer
- Contract Coach
- Simulation Facilitator
- Simulation Actor
- Curriculum Development
If you are interested in becoming a CWDS IES Employee or Vendor please complete the on-line CWDS Application.
You will be asked to submit the following documents in conjunction with your application:
- Resume or CV
- References (3-5 names and phone numbers)
- If you currently work for a County child welfare Agency or have worked for a County child welfare Agency in the last 10 years one reference must be from a staff member from the Agency.
- Copies of 2-3 recent training evaluations (within the past 2 years) or two letters of reference illustrating your knowledge and skills related to contractor role (ex: Trainer, Coach, Sim Facilitator, Actor, Curriculum Developer, etc.)
- Syllabus or Outline of a child welfare-related training course you have facilitated (Required for Trainer applicants only)
- If you are currently an employee of one of the seven counties served by the Academy for Professional Excellence you will also need to provide a letter of support from your supervisor or manager, indicating he/she approves of you training for CWDS. (The letter should indicate your level of skill and practice at your present job and how you positively represent your county’s vision, mission, and goals).
Once your application has been received and reviewed, these additional items will be covered:
- Completion of the hiring process via IES or Vendor Classification
- Scheduling and observation of an in person/virtual 20-minute Presentation to CWDS staff as a part of the application process (If Applicable)
- Orientation to CWDS program with Training Development Team staff
- For specialized services including Coaching, Simulation Facilitation/Acting, Cultural Responsiveness Academy (CRA), CANS, etc. an additional orientation may be required with the program lead.
- Observation of a delivery of a CWDS training, coaching, or simulation event (if applicable)
*All application documents, orientation, and on-boarding requirements must be completed prior to the applicant completing any service deliveries through CWDS.
Please review the online Contractor Handbook for Additional Information