Continuing education is available for most BHETA trainings. Please check the training flyer to ensure your training is offering the CEs required for your license.
The Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Academy is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs, Provider #91928. The Academy is also approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # BRN CEP15014; CCAPP-EI, Provider # 1S-98-398-0818 and 1S-16-253-0818, and CAADE Provider # CP10-906-C0317 and CP10-907-H0317. The Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The Academy’s CE provider agreement stipulates that participants cannot receive CEs if they miss more than 15 minutes of an in-person training or more than 5 minutes of a live webinar. Additionally, participants who arrive more than 30 minutes late will not be permitted to attend the training.
Email BHETA@mail.sdsu.edu if you have any questions or if you need special accommodations.
Click here for the CE Grievance Procedure.
ELIGIBILITY TO TAKE A BHETA TRAINING
BHETA trainings are designed for and offered to contract and county staff of San Diego Behavioral Health Services (BHS). If you wish to inquire about eligibility please email BHETA for support at BHETA@mail.sdsu.edu.
Eligible individuals click here to create an account in the Behavioral Health and Education Training Academy.
- Your position
- Your organization (specific program/department)
- Your work email
- Your work address
- Your work phone
- Your supervisor’s name
- Your supervisor’s email
- Your license or certification number (for CE purposes)- If none enter N/A
GET BHETA ACCOUNT APPROVED
- If you have entered all required information, your account will be approved within 1-2 business days of submittal.
- Please check your email for the Account Approval or request for additional information from the BHETA Help Desk
FORGOT USER NAME
If you forgot your username please attempt the following variations prior to contacting the Help Desk:
work e-mail address
If you forgot your password contact the help desk at BHETA@mail.sdsu.edu.
BHETA COURSE REGISTRATION
- Search for the training using the upper left search field on the home page
- Click Register
- Select the course(s) at the top
- Click Submit on the bottom right of the window
For eLearning courses, click Start when you are ready to begin.
ACCESSING AN ELEARNING
- Log on using your username and password
- Click on Learn
- Then click on Training Schedule
- Click on the Start button beside the title of the course. This will take you to the course.
ACCESSING A WEBINAR
- Click on the Adobe Connect link and follow the instructions in the Registration Confirmation email to join the live webinar.
- You may use headphones or speakers to hear the webinar audio. You will need a microphone if you wish to ask a question over the computer. Please log on to the webinar as a guest using your FIRST and LAST name. (This is used to record attendance.)
- If you are only having trouble with the audio, please use the chat feature within Adobe Connect to reach the technical assistance person assigned to the webinar.
- If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Test your connection.
- Get a quick overview.
If you are still having trouble with the webinar, contact the Help Desk at BHETA@mail.sdsu.edu.
OBTAINING BHETA CONTINUATION CERTIFICATES
- CE certificates are available for download on the Learning Management System (LMS) 3-5 days after the training day or the last day of a series is complete. CE certificates are available to those who attended the entire class.
- Attendees who arrive more than 15 minutes late or leave more than 15 minutes early to an in-person training are not eligible to receive a CE certificate.
- Attendees must sign in and sign out and provide their license or certification number as well as complete an evaluation.
- If you have misplaced your certificate or completed an eLearning, you can obtain a duplicate by logging into the Learning Management System (LMS).
- See Continuing Education Certificate Instructions on how to obtain your CE certificate from the Learning Management System (LMS).