Transfer of Learning
Transfer of Learning (TOL) activities and resources accompany most of the 23 NAPSA Core Competencies as well as some Advance Training curriculum.
These activities provide the space for:
- The learner to practice new skills gained from completing training in safe and supportive environment
- Supervisors, Trainers and/or Mentors to coach, evaluate and/or provide feedback to the learner
- Successful recall of the learned material
- Opportunities to clarify APS program specific practice
Each TOL is unique in its structure and content and are intended to be utilized within 30-60 days of training completion.
The APS Field Guide also contains activities and opportunities for Transfer of Learning and follow up discussion between an APS investigator and Supervisor. Access the APS Field Guide here.
For questions or comments regarding the Transfer of Learning activities or resources available, please contact APSWI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ethics, Values and Cultural Responsiveness in APS
4. The Aging Process
5. Physical and Developmental Disabilities
6. Mental Health in APS
7. Substance Abuse in Mature Adults
8. Dynamics of Abusive Relationships
9. Communication and Interviewing
10. Self-Neglect Clients
11. Caregiver Neglect
12. Financial Exploitation
13. Physical Caregiver Abuse
14. Elder Sexual Abuse
15. Documentation and Report Writing
16. Investigative First Steps
17. Assessing Client Capacity
18. Risk Assessment
19. Voluntary Case Planning
20. Involuntary Case Planning