Investigation: Risk Assessment Instructor-Led Training
In this interactive and dynamic introductory training, participants learn how to assess risk across five domains in terms of severity and urgency. Participants will be able to:
- Define risk assessment and its function.
- Assess risk factors in the five domains:
- Physical and functional status
- Mental health status and capacity
- Living environment
- Social (risk posed by others, including caretakers and family members)
- Assess overall levels of risk in terms of severity, urgency and likelihood of harm occurring
- Describe the benefits and limitations of risk assessment tools
- Develop risk reduction service plans
© 2015. San Diego State University School of Social Work, Academy for Professional Excellence. Please acknowledge this copyright in all non-commercial uses and attribute credit to the developer and those organizations that sponsored the development of these materials. No commercial reproduction allowed.