Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Back To Top
SOP Module: Harm Statements, Danger Statements and Safety Goals
Level: Advanced Practice
Intended Audience: This course is intended for social workers, supervisors and managers interested in learning about Safety Organized Practice, harm and danger statements and safety goals
Description of Course: The course provides training on writing and using harm and danger statements and safety goals with families. It will cover how workers can elicit accurate and detailed information from families and use this information to write clear, concise statements that describe: the past worries in a family that have led to involvement with a public child welfare agency; the future worries for the safety of the child(ren) involved, and the goals for what we hope to accomplish with a family. These statements will guide and organize our work with families.
- Review the purpose of harm and danger statements and safety goals
- Review descriptions and examples of harm and danger statements and safety goals
- Elicit accurate information and detail in order to craft harm and danger statements and safety goals
- Link risk to danger statements
- Connect harm and danger statements and safety goals to Structured Decision Making
- Harm and danger statements
- Safety goals
- Structured Decision Making
- Child and family engagement
- Trauma-focused practice
Safety Organized Practice (SOP)