On Time, On Budget, On Task: The Essentials of Project Management
Level: Advanced Practice – Supervisor, Team Leaders, Project Managers, Administrators
Credits: 6 Hours
Intended Audience: This course is targeted to leaders within the organization that are in charge of short-term or ongoing projects, pilots, teams and groups. These groups also can include policy development or training development teams.
Description of Course: This course will review the skills necessary for project management, including self-assessments for the current skill set of each participant. Through individual, small group and large group interaction, tools to support each of these skills will be reviewed and practiced, culminating in an application to a scenario. The course concludes with a specific transfer-of-learning plan for the participant, which involves his/her supervisor, colleagues and staff. The processes used in this workshop are approximately 40% lecture & large group discussions, 30% skills practice, 15% small group discussion & activity, 15% individual reflection & assessment.
- Review philosophical guidelines for participation and management of workgroups.
- Review and practice using tools and strategies for project management.
- Understand the skills necessary for effective project management & self-assess current skill set
- Identify strategies for developing and managing workgroups.
- Examine a step-by-step process to successful project management.
- Practice developing goals, objectives, outcomes, and deliverables for projects.
- Consider ways to utilize subject matter experts and leadership in project management.
- Team development
- Monitoring tools
- Developing goals
- Measuring & monitoring success
- Team communication
Supervision and Management