Leadership Overview of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Case Reviews
Level: Advanced – Supervisors, Managers, Assistant Deputies and Deputies
Intended Audience: This course is intended for a select audience including representatives from County leadership including child welfare and probation partners interested in participating in an overview of CQI, reviewing leadership’s role in implementing CQI and case reviews and the role of case reviews in a larger CQI process.
Description of Course: This one day training will provide a brief, high-level overview of Continuous Quality Improvement including a review of the components of a CQI system, what is needed to implement CQI and a brief review of the new CFSR case review tool. The discussion will center on how to embed CQI systems throughout all levels of an organization, the role case reviews play in a CQI system and how leaders can support implementation of CQI and case reviews.
*Some material that will be shared has already been presented at the CQI Learning Collaborative meetings and will be repetitive for staff who has been attending CQI convenings in the Southern region.
- Review high level overview of what CQI is, how to implement it and leadership’s role in implementation
- Understand the elements of the CFSR case review tool
- Learn strategies for implementing and connecting the CFSR case review tool to other CQI efforts
- Maintain flow of information between the CQI learning collaborative and Southern region leaders
- CQI implementation and definition
- CFSR Case Review tool
- Role of leadership in CQI and case reviews
Supervision and Management