Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a file.
Downloads a file in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
Writing for Child Welfare – Court Reports, Case Notes, and More
Level: Advanced Practice – Lineworker
Intended Audience: Line workers and supervisors who would like increased understanding of professional writing strategies and how they apply to child welfare practice including documentation, court reporting writing and other professional writing communication.
Description of Course: This course will review child welfare documentation pertinent business writing and child welfare documentation strategies and allow for practice to increase skill development upon completion.
- Will be able to describe purpose of specific documents in Child Welfare
- Will be able to identify and list ways to structure professional writing and increase clear and concise written communication
- Eliminate feelings, unsupported facts, jargon, and slang from professional documentation
- Identify several technology tools to assist in professional writing
- Will be able to utilize content
- Types of CWS Documentation
- Cultural Considerations
- Good Court Report Writing
- Paragraph Structure, Grammar, Spell Check, Redundancy, Use of Cut and Paste Functions
Documentation and Writing for CWS