Court Room Drama: Advanced Testifying Skills for Court
Level: Advanced Practice—Lineworker
Intended Audience: New and current child welfare personnel who have fundamental knowledge and skills in testifying in Juvenile Court
- Develop knowledge and skills of testifying in a Juvenile Court setting
- Review of family case history
- Social work group interview of the birth parent
- Observation of others testifying
- Individual testifying on the stand
- Debriefing: Self-critique and group and trainers’ feedback
- Videotape given to participant for own review
CalSWEC Competencies Addressed:
2.4 Student gathers, evaluates, and presents pertinent information from informants, case records, and other collateral sources to support or refute an abuse or neglect allegation.
2.12 Student understands the process of the court system and the role of social workers in relation to the courts.