Skip to Content
Back To Top
Opens in a new window.
Opens an external site.
Opens an external site in a new window.
Downloads a pdf file.
Downloads a pdf file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file.
Downloads a Microsoft Word file in a new window.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file.
Downloads a Microsoft Power Point file in a new window.
Opens an image.
Opens an image in a new window.
Opens email client in a new window.
Back To Top
COACHING FUNDAMENTALS FOR CHILD WELFARE FIELD ADVISORS
Level: Core Practice – Field Advisors
Credits: 6 hours
Intended Audience: Field Advisors implementing Common Core 3.0 field activities
Description of Course:
Coaching Fundamentals for Child Welfare Field Advisors is a one-day training designed to provide foundational coaching knowledge and skills for child welfare field advisors implementing Common Core 3.0 field activities. The training provides an overview of the use and value of coaching to develop skills in child welfare practitioners and it includes skill practice activities that allow trainees to leave the training with the capacity to begin using coaching immediately as it pertains to conducting field activities.
- Understand the definition of coaching and common terminology used in this profession.
- Recognize the common characteristics, skills and behaviors of effective coaches.
- Understand the value of coaching in developing child welfare skills
- Appreciate and identify three different ways of interacting with a learner (reflective listening, appreciative inquiry and skill-building)
- Describe the difference between supervision and coaching and how to integrate the two.
- Be familiar with various types of coaching skills: including contracting, listening, exploring, action, and reflection.
- Tenets of coaching
- Child welfare coaching framework
- Foundational coaching theories and approaches
- Coaching modalities (peer/group coaching)
- Overview of coaching fundamentals, value of coaching, and the structure of a coaching session
- Strategies for interacting with a learner during coaching
- Contracting & field activities
- Coaching skills practice
- Developing action plans
Common Core 3.0 Assessment Block
Common Core 3.0 Foundation Block