Date: Thursday, November 18, 2021
Dear Academy Partner,
The Academy will be resuming in-person workforce development services on January 10, 2022. We will continue to offer virtual services as well. The service delivery modality for each learning event will be determined by each program based on consultation with our partners, trainers/facilitators, and staff. In preparation for the return to in-person services, the Academy has created Academy Training Room Repopulation Requirements and Protocols, which were developed to comply with all current public health directives from California State University (CSU) and San Diego State University (SDSU). These protocols will continue to be updated to align with all current and future public health directives from CSU and SDSU.
The Academy requires that each member of our community (staff, trainers/ facilitators, learners, and other guests) comply with these protocols prior to, during, and after in-person Academy trainings and events, regardless of the in-person location, in order to:
- Protect the health and safety of themselves and others
- Minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus and other variants
By entering into any Academy learning environment, I acknowledge that:
- I have received and reviewed the Academy Training Room Repopulation Requirements and Protocols.
- I will comply with all current and future public health orders issued by California Department of Public Health and with the Academy Training Room Repopulation Requirements and Protocols which will continue to be updated to align with all current and future public health directives from the California State University (CSU) and San Diego State University (SDSU).
- I will not attend any Academy learning event if I am experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 OR if I have been exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of participation regardless of a negative COVID-19 test.
- I have been informed that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. I shall assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness, including, without limitation, exposure to COVID-19 or any other bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether that exposure occurs before, during, or after the learning event, and regardless of how it was caused or contracted.
- I hereby waive any and all claims and potential claims against the State of California, the Trustees of the California State University, San Diego State University, Associated Students of San Diego State University and all of their officers, employees and agents and against any companies affiliated with these entities relating to such risks, hazards, and dangers.
- If I am diagnosed with COVID-19 within 10 days of attending an Academy learning event, I agree to report this to the Academy for Professional Excellence by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes my:
- Date and location of Academy learning event
- Date of positive COVID-19 test and first date of symptoms if applicable
- This information will only be shared with the designated point person at the Academy (currently the CEO) and with designated representatives at SDSU’s Student Health Services who are responsible for monitoring the incidence of cases occurring in our community.
All Vendors of SDSU Research Foundation received notification from SDSU Research Foundation that:
“Vendors operating on the campus of San Diego State University are subject to all public health directives from the California State University (CSU) and SDSU. Since the CSU announced that all campus employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, SDSU has updated its Vaccination Requirement Policy for Contracted Vendors.
The policy requires contract vendors to obtain a signed Vaccine Verification Statement along with proof of vaccination for all their employees who regularly access SDSU and SDSU Research Foundation facilities on- or off-campus. Vendors will be asked to inform all employees, regardless of vaccination status, that they should not access campus or SDSU Research Foundation buildings if they have COVID-like symptoms unless they test negative for COVID-19, or their symptoms resolve.”