Investigation: Risk Assessment Instructor-Led Training
In this interactive and dynamic introductory training, participants learn how to assess risk across five domains in terms of severity and urgency. Participants will be able to:
- Define risk assessment and its function.
- Assess risk factors in the five domains:
- Physical and functional status
- Mental health status and capacity
- Living environment
- Social (risk posed by others, including caretakers and family members)
- Assess overall levels of risk in terms of severity, urgency and likelihood of harm occurring
- Describe the benefits and limitations of risk assessment tools
- Develop risk reduction service plans
© 2015. San Diego State University School of Social Work, Academy for Professional Excellence. Please acknowledge this copyright in all non-commercial uses and attribute credit to the developer and those organizations that sponsored the development of these materials. No commercial reproduction allowed.
Trainer’s Manual Link
Participant’s Manual Link
Executive Summary Link
Transfer of Learning Supervisor Manual